extra plugin(8bf)management...a tip and a question

All about plugins : Suggestions, bugs, etc... /
Tuto por etendadoj : sugestoj, malbonadĵoj, etc...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

carlo taradel
Régulier(ère)|Régulier|Régulière
Version de PhotoFiltre : PF-PFS
Système d'exploitation : win XP pro- ubuntu_ breeze
Processeur : recycled from waste bin
Mémoire RAM : 1026

extra plugin(8bf)management...a tip and a question

Message par carlo taradel »

:D Having to much photoshop filter could be a big mess,having 1000 filters is like to have none,you will never find the right one.
So i make a folder C:\document\favorite (8bf) with ONLYthe most used and using "preference" i set the path there,and everything is fine.

To save space on hard disk i copy all the other on DVD,in a folder called 8bf,with several subfolder (To be checked,kaleidoskope effect,black and white,psichedelic....)and when i look for something new i change the path to D:8bf\to be checked,or something alike. :idea:

Pfs will load slower,and also filtre will work slower but for the rest everything work fine,when i find some very useful filter i just move it to C:\document\that I use like default path :idea:

THIS COULD BE THE TIP BUT THERE IS A ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I SET THE PATH IN D OR IN E(E=USB PENDRIVE) IT IS THE FOLLOWING:

iMPOSSIBLE FIND THE ACCESS TO IsiDlgButton IN USER32dll.

This it seem no connected with any problem...BUT WHAT IS THE"IsiDlgButton" and The USER32.Dll ?I had to worry about this message?
IF i Will put a copy of This USERdll along the path this will solve the problem?

:?:

NOTE

I almost forgot ,when the path is changed to D or E for some reason Plugin Dll will not be found also if present in the System 32 folder...it has to be put a new copy in the 8bf folder. (at least this works on my pc)...
Again this trick have to be done only for all the filter that are almost never used,the most used one must stay always in C(hard disk)
carlo taradel

8) A google search didn't find any result for IsiDlgButton,and no any related one about USER32dll (Only is reported to be a good hiding place for viruses):shock:

:oops: If anybody dare to try my tip, please remember :!:

1) i have Operative Sistem , Software and Document in 3 different partitions of my hard disk, so i don't risk too much,if something go wrong, even really wrong ,i just have to insert my DVD copy of the" last good configuration of XP" and reinstall.(it take quite long time, but in the while i could take my breakfast)

At least remember before any kind of experiments to back up your documents...and be sure to have the installation CD of Software and SO! :!:

2) :oops: I forgot something important :you can browse and use thousands of photoshop filters from a DVD or a USBdrive without any need to installing them on your hard disk (if you install to much extra filter they will ALWAYS slow down a lot PFS and they will take a lot of space) BUT BEFORE CLOSING PFS PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET BACK THE OLD PATH to Documents ( in the place you chosed on your hard disk for the Photoshop filter folder.....) .OR IF YOU FORGET to do THIS,AT LEAST DON'T FORGET TO CHECK TO HAVE THE DVD OR THE USB PEN PLUGGED IN BEFORE OPEN AGAIN PFS...other way PFS will start to look for filters and plugins in a not anymore existing path :!:

AND... IF SOMEBODY DISCOVERS WHAT THE DAMN IS THE IsiDlgButton OR the USER32dll PLEASE LET ME KNOW :!:
:arrow:
Bill
Version de PhotoFiltre : Free and Studio
Système d'exploitation : Coffee
Processeur : God Given Brain
Mémoire RAM : Not as well as when I was younger

Message par Bill »

While it seems you put a lot of thought into this I have a couple suggestions that can save you a lot of grief.

1) Download the free app:
Plug-In Switch. You can turn filters off and on at will before you start up PhotoFiltre.

2) While there are some very useful filters most of them are junk or repeats of the same old junk so why not just toss them. Keep the good ones and get rid of the rest.

3) Think long and hard about your Plug-In collection, while a filter may be cool at the time are you really ever going to use it?

4) While not all, most filter effects are nothing more than a controlled manipulation of the host apps built in tools and can be reproduced with some trial and error. Now I will grant you that the filter is a lot quicker but I think you get the idea.

carlo taradel

:D Thank you for the answer and for the link

2 & 4)You are right and i i absolutly agree with you, this is the reason why i have on my pc a "photoshop plugin folder" with less than 20 filter

3)Sometimes when i got no inspiration i find relaxing browse and toy with some unknow plugin i....1 on 10 give me a good idea ,usually not to much connected with the filter itself ...
pf
Développeur(se)|Développeur|Développeuse
Développeur(se)|Développeur|Développeuse
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6
Système d'exploitation : xp seven

Re: extra plugin(8bf)management...a tip and a question

Message par pf »

carlo taradel a écrit : ......This it seem no connected with any problem...BUT WHAT IS THE"IsiDlgButton" .....
Hi carlo taradel,
Please...... use a normal size font for "not serious" problems :wink:
Else if your computer burns, which size will use you :?: :lol:
A+
Jaume44
Version de PhotoFiltre : Studio 10
Système d'exploitation : w7
Processeur : Pentium (R) Dual Core
Mémoire RAM : 4 GB

Link

Message par Jaume44 »

Bill,

I must be certain to pay special attention to your posts. They always help me. Thank you for the link.

8)
Jack
Répondre