Converting a digital photograph to a drawing

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

LesleyW

Converting a digital photograph to a drawing

Message par LesleyW »

Hi there

Can anybody tell me if there is a facility within Photofiltre which will enable me to convert a digital photograph to a drawing? I've tried using various things within 'Filters' but haven't been able to get just the right effect.

Thanks

Lesley
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Converting a digital photograph to a drawing

Message par Tom »

Hi Lesley,

could you give an example of the right effect you expect, and a specimen of the original image, or a part of it ?
They are several ways to proceed, and we can't answer for each one neither play gessing. :)
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
LesleyW

Message par LesleyW »

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply.

I am a pyrographer, producing drawings of animals, buildings etc, burned onto on wood. I try to use my own photographs but need to convert them to outline drawings so that they can be transferred onto the wood. I think I have actually managed to do it using the filter "Monochromatic Edges", but still would like to know if there is anything better.

I'd add a couple of images so that you can see what I'm talking about, but I don't seem to be able to - maybe it's because I'm a 'Newbie' <BG>
Tom

Message par Tom »

To add an image on this forum, you need to host your images "in the cloud", like it is the fashion to say (or a web site for hosting pictures).
When hosted you can copy the link of your image and paste it in a new message between Url tags.

"Monochromatic Edges" is a good filter depending of the edges of the original picture. It can be enhanced with other filters like :
Filter / Other /Minimum and to adjust most softly you can add Edit / Fade Minimum (Shift + Ctrl + Z)

Generaly i try some others filters with some combination :
- Filter / Artistic / India ink
- Filter / Artistic / Ink Outlines and for the PhotoFiltre 7 release Filter / Color / Grayscale n/ Maximum and Adjust Contrast at a rather high value.
- Filter / Flatten / Photocopy.

Sometimes i use too LINEART a 8BF filter from Xero editing, but you need to install the plugin "8BF Filter" from Smith Lambourne,
downloadable on the plugins page of the official site of PhotoFiltre software.
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
Répondre