New Plugin needs testing : Text2Path

All about plugins : Suggestions, bugs, etc... /
Tuto por etendadoj : sugestoj, malbonadĵoj, etc...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

cleon
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle
Version de PhotoFiltre : Win XP Pro sp2

Message par cleon »

would you consider adding the GetSelStructure function?... it should be fairly simple to do because you already have this information when you save the selection to file with the "save shape" menu option
Antonio
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Message par Antonio »

The problem is the magic wand because it's not a vectorial mode :cry: and i don't know what return for this...
cleon

Message par cleon »

maybe you could just return "0" (or empty string list)... then we would know that the selection is not a vector??
JogyGeorge
Habitué(e)|Habitué|Habituée
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.2.0
Système d'exploitation : Win XP
Processeur : 2.4Ghz
Mémoire RAM : 256

Message par JogyGeorge »

Hi Cleon,
Some quick comments! .... Yes, its so much easier now :) Thanks for that!

1) I had suggested in Point 3 of my earlier post if it would be possible drag the selection on the preview window to an appropriate loaction rather than use the X,Y values. Alernatively, you could use the technic used by Benjamin in his plugin "Curl". In that, he puts a slider on the right and bottom of the preview window. You could do something similar and moving the slider up or down would move the selection up/down and left/right for a similar movement.

2) Thanks for enabling the save features .... could you also save the text? At the very least, save within a particular session atleast so that if I close PF, it is removed from memory, but retained during the session.

3) A new suggestion. Right now, the text is written AROUND the selection. Could an option be included so that the text is written only on the left OR right OR top OR bottom OR Around the selection path. A drop down menu should allow the user to choose left OR right OR top OR bottom OR Around. If the user for example chooses Left, the text should be written on the left hand side (path) of the selection. Thus, if the selection I choose is a circle and if I choose Left, the text should be written on the left circular path of the selection. Hope that made sense :?

4) On my PC at home, where my PF is in D:\Graphics\Photofiltre, all selections within the subfolder are visible, but on my PC in the office (I do not use PF for work ... just my personal use - as I am an Accountant), where PF is on C:\Program Files\Photofiltre, I only get the selections in the main folder and not the subfolders :(

Cheers & Regards
Jogy
cleon

Message par cleon »

Hi Jogy

try dragging the selection on the preview window (the small thumbnail view)... it should work... if your text takes a long time to render then it will take a while for the preview to start updating automatically... you can just press F5 to force a preview though.

i can't save the text between sessions without saving to a file first because PF unloads the plugin when it is closed and then reloads it when it is selected again... so i'll have to save the text to the ini file... leave it to me ;)

hummm.. suggestion 3 is a little tricky because of the way the plugin handles the rendering... i'll think about how i may get it to work :?

i run PF in "C:\Program Files\Photofiltre" too and i can see all the selections... strange... is your OS at work different to the one at home?
and is there anything strange in your subfolder names eg. do the folders have an extension or funny chars?
Antonio

Message par Antonio »

maybe you could just return "0" (or empty string list)... then we would know that the selection is not a vector??
I will see this...
JogyGeorge

Message par JogyGeorge »

oh! yes, draging it does work! :) I never tried that ... sorry about that!

I've got the same OS on both PCs ... XP Professional. The folders are named the same too! At home I use a PIII and there is no problem. At work, its a P4 and I get this problem. The only difference is the drive.

I just copied the entire PF folder to my D drive at work and I get to see all the selections. I go back to the copy I have in C drive and the subfolders are not there :(
cleon

Message par cleon »

i don't know why the folder thing doesn't work... :? anyone else have this problem?
Tom

Message par Tom »

Hi Cleon,

My PF path is "C:\Program Files\Photofiltre".
I can see the files in the first folder ("Selections") and the files in a first level of subfolder, but i see only a part of the names of files in a second level of subfolder and can't load them.
The names of "wrong" files are displayed in this format :
\Divers\Chien and the right path is in Selections : \pfs_rolland\Divers\Chien
When i replace the "wrong" files in a subfolder of first level, it works correctly.
I don't know if is it a relation with the problem that JogyGeorge meets ?

Glad to read you soon.
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
cleon

Message par cleon »

new plugin version now:

* saves text between plugin uses
* should have fixed toms problem with the selections
* minor bug fix

don't know if it fixes your problem Jogy :?
Tom

Message par Tom »

What a fast and right answer !
It works fine, the map is now recursive for at least 5 levels.
Lot of thanks and cheers.
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
JogyGeorge

Message par JogyGeorge »

I don't seem to be too lucky with this version too! Still don't get the subfolders when PF is on C drive. I move it to D and all is well. .... Guess that since the problem is at work (where tecnically I should not be playing around :P ) I'll just move the folder around when I need to ;)

Yes, the text now saves ... :) thanks for that!

Now, all that remains from my suggestions are:

1) Keeping the text to the Left/Right, Top or bottom as explained earlier
and
2) Drawing out the selection before invoking the plugin!

Guess both are a lil difficult and would probably have to wait until Antonio incorporates those additions requested by Cleon!

Thanks again for this plugin and cheers!
Jogy
cleon

Message par cleon »

Hi... added a new feature:

Path Offset - adjusts the starting edge the text will be rendered on.

not quite what you wanted Jogy but maybe useful anyhow (if you want the text only in one section of the path try putting a few spaces before or after a line of text)

cheers
Cleon.
JogyGeorge

Message par JogyGeorge »

Hey! Thanks! That Offset together with the space seems to do it as I would have liked to. Yes, it seems to be nice now, but maybe I could suggest this one more thing to make it a little more better. -> Just like you've added that "offset" option to increase/ decrease, maybe you could add two more options "Space before" & "Spaces After". This way, the user could just increase/decrease the space before/after the text. The spaces will not be visible in the text box itself and therefore the user can view/edit his text easily in the edit box. At the same time preview could be actual.
..... did that make sense ... I mean, could you understand what I wrote ;)

Must say its very good now!

Cheers!
cleon

Message par cleon »

that was a good idea jogy... and was simple to implement... please test the new version :)
Répondre