Some exciting news - translating this site

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

digicam
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle

Some exciting news - translating this site

Message par digicam »

Last night I discovered that I can translate the PhotoFiltre tutorials, and many parts of these forums, from French to English. If a page has two languages on the same page, it doesn't seem to work.

I think the ability to translate is related to my using the Google Bar. You simply right-click a page, and select Translate into English.

That's it! The text is translated quite accurately.

Maybe the Google Bar works the same for other languages!

I'm really happy about this!

gail
FrançoisL
Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur
Version de PhotoFiltre : Dernières de PF Free et PFS
Système d'exploitation : Windows XP Home SP2
Processeur : Athlon 64 3500+ non O/C
Mémoire RAM : 2x512 Mo en DC

Message par FrançoisL »

Of course you can do this but the translation of a human being is always more realistic :roll:
Dernière modification par FrançoisL le 20 juin 2004 11:47, modifié 1 fois.
digicam

translation

Message par digicam »

FrançoisL a écrit :Of course you can do this but the translation of a human being is always more realistic :roll: [/list]
FrançoisL a écrit :Of course you can do this [/list]
Well, it sure was new and news to me :!:

And a lot of other people I know. I'm so glad to know about it! :mrgreen:

gail
JogyGeorge
Habitué(e)|Habitué|Habituée
Habitué(e)|Habitué|Habituée
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.2.0
Système d'exploitation : Win XP
Processeur : 2.4Ghz
Mémoire RAM : 256

Message par JogyGeorge »

Hi Digicam,
Actually, this was posted by Stefan in this thread as the last post : viewtopic.php?t=117

Ofcourse that link is one big lined story ;) but I've got it bookmarked as http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en ... filtre.com

Cheers
Heis Spiter
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.2.7/9.0.0
Système d'exploitation : Windows XP Pro SP2
Processeur : Intel Pentium IV 3.2 Ghz HT
Mémoire RAM : 1536 Mo DDR

Message par Heis Spiter »

The forum is also in English... Go to your profile and you can choose English. So you don't need Google ;) (But for the topic and post, you need it)
digicam

Message par digicam »

JogyGeorge a écrit :Hi Digicam,
Actually, this was posted by Stefan in this thread as the last post : viewtopic.php?t=117
Thank you for the information but I would have no way of knowing of the existence of that post. Stefan wrote it on 07 Mar 2004. I just visited these forums for the first time on 31 May 2004.

I don't even recall where I made my first post (there are a couple areas called Support). Benjamin (Développeur) moved my original post to the newly created International Forum. He wrote on tha same day (May 31, 2004) I made my post:
There is an international forum now!
I am very grateful for that, and so will others.

No doubt the question will be asked again...and again...as this forum grows in membership.

gail
digicam

Message par digicam »

Heis Spiter a écrit :The forum is also in English... Go to your profile and you can choose English. So you don't need Google ;) (But for the topic and post, you need it)
Yes, thank you. I changed it when I first started using the forum. I've moderated and administered forums similar to this one so I'm familiar with the changes one can make as a member, moderator and administrator.

I probably would have discovered Google's translation menu before, however this is the first forum I've ever participated in (I've participated in many) that was in a language other than my own.

Isn't the Internet and all this technology amazing?!!

gail
Paultx

Message par Paultx »

Talking about Google features, I created three shortcuts on the Windows quickllaunch toolbar: Google, Google Images, and Google Translate.

To do the same, create shortcuts by right-clicking on the desktop, choose New from the context menu, paste the address you want in the command line field, give the shortcut a name etc., then drag and drop the new shortcuts to the quickllaunch toolbar... and yo're done. It's that easy!

If you have the offical Google icon, you can even use Photofiltre and/or other app to apply some changes to make the Google, Google Images and Google Translate icons a little bit diferent, like I did.

Link for Google Image Search (English)

Code : Tout sélectionner

http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q=
Link for Google Translate

Code : Tout sélectionner

http://translate.google.com/translate_t
Répondre