Converting a digital photograph to a drawing

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

LesleyW

Converting a digital photograph to a drawing

Message par LesleyW »

Hi there

Can anybody tell me if there is a facility within Photofiltre which will enable me to convert a digital photograph to a drawing? I've tried using various things within 'Filters' but haven't been able to get just the right effect.

Thanks

Lesley
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Converting a digital photograph to a drawing

Message par Tom »

Hi Lesley,

could you give an example of the right effect you expect, and a specimen of the original image, or a part of it ?
They are several ways to proceed, and we can't answer for each one neither play gessing. :)
LesleyW

Message par LesleyW »

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply.

I am a pyrographer, producing drawings of animals, buildings etc, burned onto on wood. I try to use my own photographs but need to convert them to outline drawings so that they can be transferred onto the wood. I think I have actually managed to do it using the filter "Monochromatic Edges", but still would like to know if there is anything better.

I'd add a couple of images so that you can see what I'm talking about, but I don't seem to be able to - maybe it's because I'm a 'Newbie' <BG>
Tom

Message par Tom »

To add an image on this forum, you need to host your images "in the cloud", like it is the fashion to say (or a web site for hosting pictures).
When hosted you can copy the link of your image and paste it in a new message between Url tags.

"Monochromatic Edges" is a good filter depending of the edges of the original picture. It can be enhanced with other filters like :
Filter / Other /Minimum and to adjust most softly you can add Edit / Fade Minimum (Shift + Ctrl + Z)

Generaly i try some others filters with some combination :
- Filter / Artistic / India ink
- Filter / Artistic / Ink Outlines and for the PhotoFiltre 7 release Filter / Color / Grayscale n/ Maximum and Adjust Contrast at a rather high value.
- Filter / Flatten / Photocopy.

Sometimes i use too LINEART a 8BF filter from Xero editing, but you need to install the plugin "8BF Filter" from Smith Lambourne,
downloadable on the plugins page of the official site of PhotoFiltre software.
Répondre