How to keep transparent background when resizing a PNG?

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

BizzyEnuf

How to keep transparent background when resizing a PNG?

Message par BizzyEnuf »

I use PhotoFiltre quite a bit, but admit I am not savvy on all the features it has to offer. Please help educate me ... I am sure there is a simple answer to downsizing this transparent background PNG, I just haven't been able to find it doing extensive online searches. :|

My problem: I have a PNG image that has a transparent background that I need to downsize.

1. I made a duplicate of the original
2. I adjusted to the size I want
3. I saved with a new file name, keeping it as a PNG with no Filter option chosen

The new image does NOT have a transparent background - it became a white colored background.

If I try changing to a GIF image using the transparency option, that doesn't work, as there are two-color fonts in this image, with the interior color being white. Using the transparency command, that takes away the white color in the fonts.

Thanks in advance for help.
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: How to keep transparent background when resizing a PNG?

Message par Tom »

For your information, the last version of PhotoFiltre 6 is the 6.5.3.

PhotoFiltre 6 does not work with the Alpha channel in 256 levels of transparency (which contains transparency informations for the png files)
So when you open your png file in PF6, the transparent areas become white in the workspace.

For saving in gif or in png format with transparency, you have to select the area to do transparent by any selection tool you want
(magic wand without color box cheked) and menu Image/Automatic transparency/ Inside selection.
Then you can see that the areas selected becomes transparent (illustrated by a gray grid), and a simple transparency (Yes or No)
is saved in the file.

You should try the new PhotoFiltre 7 freeware which works with layers, but works too with Alpha channel in 256 levels of transparency.
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
Répondre