Convert to 600dpi

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

rcac
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.5.2
Système d'exploitation : Win XP

Convert to 600dpi

Message par rcac »

is it possible to convert a normal quality image to 600dpi? If yes, how do I do it?
Thanks
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Convert to 600dpi

Message par Tom »

As is, your question can't be correctly answerded.

Resolution has only a little utility with old printing systems, the 2 most important items are :
  • the size of the image given in pixels.
  • the good sense : print a poster of 2 meters at 600 dpi with a 800 x 600 pixels image is a double non sense.
PhotoFiltre allows you to print directly in the unit size you have defined in the Preferences panel.
It gives you in real time the relative resolution when you change the scale.

To convert an image resolution : a right clic on the image / Image size
but the result of the conversion is not the same if you keep the pixels unit for Width and height or if you change for cm or inch.
Verify the size you got in inch and in pixels to understand exactly what you did and principaly what you get.
rcac
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.5.2
Système d'exploitation : Win XP

Message par rcac »

In CorelDraw when saving an image you can choose its quality! There is an option to convert the picture to 600dpi!

Hope this is the correct question; how do I create a 600dpi image from an excel graph?

Thanks
Tom

Message par Tom »

Don't take offense of my previous answer, but i think you haven't incorporated exactly what it means :
(you are not the first, and neither the least, because some wrong ideas have a long life time :) )

the first right question woul be : do i really need a 600 dpi resolution ? most of time : a scanned image in 300 dpi gets a sufficient
resolution to be printed by a professionnal on an offset machine, as a CD cover for example.
For a TV screen in full HD resolution, the standard number of lines in high is 1080. For a CD cover in 300 dpi with 4.72 inches height,
if i don't a mistake it gets 1416 pixels for a little peace of paper which is 4 times more little in height than a very high quality TV screen.

How to create an image from Excel is not exactly a question for PhotoFiltre, neither for Corel Draw probably,
because i think that Excel doesn't create images files format. :wink:
But if you consider that most of Windows applications display images in full screen at 96 dpi, when you do a print screen
and convert it in 600 dpi, each dot will be 6 times biger but your image will not increase in quality.
So you would zoom 6 times on your result and scroll to take all the print-screens you need to have the correct resolution,
and join them together in a second time. 8)

If you want to digitize this style of document or any with an adjustable quality, i think the usefull solution is not PhotoFiltre
but a generator of file format used by professionnal publishers and which can be used exactly as a virtual printer.
Personnaly i use a soft which name is "PDFCreator" under GNU license.
In the preferences of the soft you can defined the resolution into the images will be turned on.
More than a time i have used it to transfer some pictures in PDF towards a publisher with a very good quality.
Répondre