Change exposure of picture for making a HDR

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

henry64
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.3
Système d'exploitation : XP SP2
Processeur : slow
Mémoire RAM : too little

Change exposure of picture for making a HDR

Message par henry64 »

Hi

I'm an absolute beginner in this world and I'm trying to play agound with some of my pictures to make a HDR image.

To do that I would like to start with one picture and duplicate that into 3 pictures with different exposures (-2EV, 0EV and +2EV) can this be done in PhotoFiltre? And how - I cannot find a function that will do this?

regards
Henry
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Change exposure of picture for making a HDR

Message par Tom »

Hi Henri,

what do you mean by HDR image ?

- To duplicate an image : Menu Image / Duplicate or Ctrl + U
- To change exposure : Menu Adjust / Gamma correct... or Alt + D G

If you wish join the three in a same image :
- copy N°2
- enable N°1 menu Edit / Paste special / Assemble

I think a possibility could be found to automate this task with Arithmetic plugin. http://www.photofiltre-studio.com/plugi ... hp?lang=en
NB : read the eponymous txt file
henry64
Version de PhotoFiltre : 6.3
Système d'exploitation : XP SP2
Processeur : slow
Mémoire RAM : too little

Re: Change exposure of picture for making a HDR

Message par henry64 »

Well I AM a newbee so it might be rubbish what I write :lol:

Anyway (in case you really don't know what HDR is) HDRi is abbrev. for High Dynamic Range Image and is a technic that makes a image which give you a feeling of 3D and with extreme depth and colors - and I would like to play around with that. http://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/dri.html#raw

I don't have 3 (or more) images which have been taken with different exposures for the moment, therefor I want to play with just one image. To get some of the HDR effekt I need to change the exposure of the picture to one which is under exposed (EV-2), one that is metered (original image) (EV-0) and one that is overexposed (EV+2). There are several commercial products that have a function to "alter" the exposure and hereby simulate the two other (missing) images.

The reason I'm looking for a "function" is that I really don't know how much EV+2 is bighter than EV-0 (newbee).

Of course I could just do something with gamma correct and see what happens :mrgreen:
Répondre