How can I find a color in a GIF?

Post here if you need help to realise, to draw something. / Enpoŝtigu ĉi tie se vi bezonus helpon por realigi, por desegni ion.

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Roger at CCCC
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle

How can I find a color in a GIF?

Message par Roger at CCCC »

I want to import a GIF file, then modify it, and save it back to disk. I can do all that now, but I also want to be able to copy or duplicate the colors that are contained in this GIF (which has already been created by someone else). How can I select an area of the GIF (that is one color) and find out what that color is so that I can use that color for filling, drawing, etc. I assume that it will be obvious how to specify a fill/draw color, but I haven't tried to do that yet.

Thanks for any response, please let me know if this question is not clear.
Bill
Régulier(ère)|Régulier|Régulière
Régulier(ère)|Régulier|Régulière
Version de PhotoFiltre : Free and Studio
Système d'exploitation : Coffee
Processeur : God Given Brain
Mémoire RAM : Not as well as when I was younger

Message par Bill »

If you want to do this from within PhotoFiltre use the Pipette tool or as I call it the eye dropper and move it over the area you want the color code for.

2 things will happens when you do this:

1) At the bottom of the Tools Palette you'll see 2 changes when you select the eye dropper. The RGB and the Hexidecimal code for the color area you just selected will now be there.

2) The color Chip for the foreground at the top of the Tools Palette will change to the color you selected. If you click on it you will get the standard windows color mixing palette with your color already selected and the code in HSL and RGB format.
Roger at CCCC

Message par Roger at CCCC »

Great !! Thank you Bill- it works just as you said. Is there a tutorial where I should have learned this? If so, please let me know where it is.

Thanks again.
Répondre