Photoshop plugins

All about plugins : Suggestions, bugs, etc... /
Tuto por etendadoj : sugestoj, malbonadĵoj, etc...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Silversleeves
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle
Version de PhotoFiltre : Studio X 10.2.0
Système d'exploitation : Windows XP SP3
Processeur : Intel vPro Dual 1.8G
Mémoire RAM : 1 GB

Re: Photoshop plugins

Message par Silversleeves »

Here's an idea for a "Photoshop" plug-in: PSD file format. Support both ways, opening and saving, making use, if needs be, of the Import sub-menu of the File menu. Even if you have to code it so it opens the newest SDK but only saves in, say, PSD for/from Photoshop 7 or CS1, that's fine. I don't think all that highly of the .pfi file format (never thought that I, coming from a Mac background, would find myself using a Windows graphics editor with a "one-horse charlie" proprietary file format; not in this post 2000 Pro era, anyways), yet it appears to be the only one you can save something in (in Studio X 10.0 at any rate) that supports layers.

You can bet your last Euro that if one went looking on the Photoshop side of things for an import plug-in for the .pfi format, it would likely as not come in some overpriced package with a lot of other software one would seldom make any use of. That is, if such a thing exists.

BZT
PS: In case anyone's interested, I found an .8bf version (all of 50KB in size) of the "Variations" edit window from Photoshop that works perfectly in the version of Studio mentioned above in my semi-rant. PM me if you'd like a copy emailed to you.
(Do you think I come here just to post gripes and complaints? You're absolutely right.)
Silversleeves
Version de PhotoFiltre : Studio X 10.2.0
Système d'exploitation : Windows XP SP3
Processeur : Intel vPro Dual 1.8G
Mémoire RAM : 1 GB

Message par Silversleeves »

Silversleeves a écrit :You can bet your last Euro that if one went looking on the Photoshop side of things for an import plug-in for the .pfi format, it would likely as not come in some overpriced package with a lot of other software one would seldom make any use of. That is, if such a thing exists.
As it happens, XnView 1.97.4 (not the Multi-Platform beta) opens .pfi format as multi-page images [ CORRECTION:single-page/single-layer]. As it's a viewer, there's not much you can do with them in that app, but there's the logical possibility that XnView could convert .pfi to .psd. The utility of this extra step would pretty much rely on whether "multi-page" translates to "layers." If XnView saves .psd as single-layer (and Pierre's good with his warning dialogs, so it would be the work of a moment to find out) files, then the whole thing falls down.

Which brings me back to the thrust of my comments in the earlier post. .pfi is aok for folks who just use PFS, but in terms of an alternative to .psd or .xcf, it's a dead end.

BZT
(Do you think I come here just to post gripes and complaints? You're absolutely right.)
jashleygraphics
Habitué(e)|Habitué|Habituée
Habitué(e)|Habitué|Habituée
Version de PhotoFiltre : 10.14.0
Système d'exploitation : windows 7
Processeur : acer
Mémoire RAM : 2 gb

Message par jashleygraphics »

Hello, could you pass me the filter?
Répondre