DDS Plugin for PhotoFiltre

All about plugins : Suggestions, bugs, etc... /
Tuto por etendadoj : sugestoj, malbonadĵoj, etc...

Modérateur : Modérateurs

DLMulsow
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle

DDS Plugin for PhotoFiltre

Message par DLMulsow »

I do NOT like Photoshop, I adore PhotoFiltre and recommend it to everyone I know. I am a creator of 3D projects and most formats are in .dds but photofiltre does not support this type of file.

Can someone make an add-on/plugin for photofiltre to support .dds files? Photoshop has one, but the software really is NOT a user friendly envioronment. If there is already a plugin for this, can someone please direct me to it and installation instructions?

Thank you so much.
DLMulsow

DDS de PhotoFiltre embrochable

Message par DLMulsow »

Je n'aime pas Photoshop, j'adore PhotoFiltre et le recommande à chacun que je sais. Je suis un créateur des projets 3D et la plupart des formats sont dans .dds mais le photofiltre ne soutient pas ce type de dossier. Est-ce que quelqu'un peut faire un ajouté/embrochable pour que le photofiltre soutienne-t-il des dossiers de .dds ? Photoshop a un, mais le logiciel n'est pas vraiment un envioronment facile à utiliser. S'il y a déjà un embrochable pour ceci, est-ce que quelqu'un peut svp me diriger vers lui et des instructions d'installation ? Merci tellement.
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: DDS Plugin for PhotoFiltre

Message par Tom »

Hi,

have you already tried the "XnView import" Plugin ?

"Import (in PF or PFS) all format supported by XnView GflSDK." and XnView seams to read DDS - Direct Draw Surface

Downloadable from this page : http://www.photofiltre-studio.com/plugi ... hp?lang=en
Don't forget to download also and unzip the additional DLLs for this plugin.

For use : menu File / Import / Import XnView and give the path of the DDS file.
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
DLMulsow

Message par DLMulsow »

I do have this plugin, it came with a large package of plugins. I may have installed it into the wrong folder or area. Can you give me installation instructions for both the plugin and the dll file? Thank you so much for the help.

EDIT* I believe I have figured this out. I originally had the files in the correct area, but did not know how to utilize the plugin. I have achieved opening a dds file! But, I cannot save as.

Unfortunately, the plugin does not 'save as' dds, but will import and read the file. I would like to be able to work with and save as .dds. Is there someone who can modify that plug in to have PhotoFiltre save as .dds?
Tom

Message par Tom »

Is there someone who can modify that plug in to have PhotoFiltre save as .dds?

I don't believe, but you can save as non compressed file like Bmp, Tiff and use a file converter like Xn View.
http://www.xnview.com/
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
DLMulsow

Message par DLMulsow »

I understand. I have been using PS to 'convert' but makes a long process so much longer and more complicated. I was hoping that Photofiltre workers could make a plugin that would read and convert and save with extension .dds. My job has changed to work with RGBA layers and having to convert each edited layer out of the software is tedious.

Photofiltre is really one of the best photo editors there is on the market it is a shame this smart plugin hasn't been made sooner. I hope someone will work on it in the future. I really hate to use Photoshop, but it's the only singular user program for this new work in animation within public reach.

Thank you for your time and help, I hope this is a worthy suggestion. A few wise updates to this amazing program will certainly rival Photoshop. The interface itself for Photofiltre is so far better than PS that I tell everyone about it.
Répondre