Controlling the amount of sharpening

You think you have found a bug ? You've got a suggestion to modify PhotoFiltre ? /
Ĉu vi opinias vi trovis malbonadĵon ? Ĉu vi havas sugeston por modifi PhotoFiltre ?

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Anthony

Controlling the amount of sharpening

Message par Anthony »

Just downloaded and tried PF and I must say that this program is amazing. This is one of the few programs which can do edge sharpening by itself without actions or plugins.

However, my question is this: Can I adjust the amount of sharpening? It would be really really great if we can. I can't find a way to do this. When I open really large images (12MB JPEG's) I find that I need more sharpening, and with small web graphics, I need less sharpening. There are probably going to be more parameters with edge sharpen.

If PF can give us this, then I bid adieu to photoshop / paint shop / anything else!

Merci beaucoup, and keep up the great work.
Anthony

Message par Anthony »

I've been playing with PF for a day now, and also played around with the Edit->Fade XYZ option after performing a sharpen. It does give me some control, but still, it will be nice to be able to have options such as radius, threshold, amount, etc for an unsharp mask, and corresponding values and sensitivity level for edge sharpen. It should not be too difficult (I hope?) since these parameters are most probably being used internally in the sharpening and edge sharpen algorithms? Or maybe there is a plugin in the works? (I am very optimistic!).

Cheers!
Antonio
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Message par Antonio »

It is not so easy to program, it is for that this function is not in all freeware !
Anthony

Message par Anthony »

Thanks for the reply. Still, I am very impressed and the program is very very good. I use GIMP once in a while, but PF is soooooo much smaller.
Répondre