Photofiltre not letting me save?

You think you have found a bug ? You've got a suggestion to modify PhotoFiltre ? /
Ĉu vi opinias vi trovis malbonadĵon ? Ĉu vi havas sugeston por modifi PhotoFiltre ?

Modérateur : Modérateurs

xtearsinvegasx

Photofiltre not letting me save?

Message par xtearsinvegasx »

I just finished editing a bunch of pictures that I took in New York last week, and at first it started to not let me open up anymore pictures. It just said that it couldn't open the file. I didn't think much of it, and just said whatever. So when I went to save all the pictures I edited it says "Unable to save image in file *file location here*" I tried all the pictures and saving them in different locations, and it still doesn't work. :/ I don't wanna quit out of photofiltre because I worked hard on editing all of these. Help?
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Photofiltre not letting me save?

Message par Tom »

Hi,

I think it's not a correct workflow to edit a lot of images and save them at the end.
The memory of your computer is not infinite. It's more careful to proceed one image at the time.
But for try an issue you can clean memory :
- close all the other programs than PhotoFiltre (look in the tray icons of the task bar if you can close some useless services)
- in PhotoFiltre menu Edit / Purge and delete all that you can
- if you can't save all the pictures, try to close these are easier to redo.
I hope it would be suffisant. But when the memory is overrun, very clever could say what happend. :(
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
palad0n

Message par palad0n »

I regularly get "unable to save" messages from this program. I am editing a png file that is 60MB. My system has 8GB, of about 50% is in use when running other stuff as well. I also use GIMP, but it is worse, in that it saves a file in it's own format that is huge. I really like this program, but 'running out of memory' should not be an issue. Is it more internal to the program's software, rather than available RAM?
Antonio

Message par Antonio »

I think it's a ressouce error because PhotoFiltre is 32 bit and 32 bit application can not use all PC memory. I think it can only use 3Gb. With big image this value is saturate. Try to reduce the max undo to 4 for example (Menu Tools Preferences > Histories)
Tom

Message par Tom »

It's happen to me too sometimes. And when i search in the target folder, i can see the file was saved, but i am not sure of his integrity.
So i use to save again whith the same name and then it's work correctly.
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
Répondre