Pipette Tool to access an area

You think you have found a bug ? You've got a suggestion to modify PhotoFiltre ? /
Ĉu vi opinias vi trovis malbonadĵon ? Ĉu vi havas sugeston por modifi PhotoFiltre ?

Modérateur : Modérateurs

tgallowa

Pipette Tool to access an area

Message par tgallowa »

I am using the Pipette Tool in PhotoFiltre 6.5.0 on scanned images to get the RGB values. However, what looks like a uniform color at a place in my scan is actually a field of pixels that are close in RGB values, but vary slightly from pixel to pixel.

I would like to be able to get an average RGB reading for, say, a user-selectable rectangular area. Is the functionality there, but I have just missed it? Is it available in Studio? Anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Thomas
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Pipette Tool to access an area

Message par Tom »

Hi,
you don't say what final project you wish to reach, so is it probabbly more than a way to skin this cat. :lol:
But for your precise request : there is no colors average tool in PF6 neither in PF Studio.

However a plugin named "Pallette editor" is available for PF6 on the official site, and works only on Indexed colors (256 colors max).
After installed like other plugins : select the area you wish to observe,
copy and paste as a new image in the PF6 workspace, and in the Image menu you have to change the Mode from RGB to indexed colors.
Then the plugin can be opened from menu Image/Plug-in/Edit palette.
In the first box "By appearance" choose "By number of pixel", and you don't get exactly an average of rvb parameters,
(reduced from 16millions to 256) but a rather precise idea of the more used in the area.

but i think there is an easiest way to do that you search. :)
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
Répondre