Suggestion: Get rid of default start folder

You think you have found a bug ? You've got a suggestion to modify PhotoFiltre ? /
Ĉu vi opinias vi trovis malbonadĵon ? Ĉu vi havas sugeston por modifi PhotoFiltre ?

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Silversleeves
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle
Nouveau(elle)|Nouveau|Nouvelle
Version de PhotoFiltre : Studio X 10.2.0
Système d'exploitation : Windows XP SP3
Processeur : Intel vPro Dual 1.8G
Mémoire RAM : 1 GB

Suggestion: Get rid of default start folder

Message par Silversleeves »

Which is also default as the Source folder for batch processes.

I can tolerate saving a file into a folder I did not intend to save it into accidentally, as I've done from time to time since using JPEGView on my old 68K Macs, but I'd rather not be the "horse that's led to the poisoned stream" by the application I just spent x^4 hours changing a file to my liking, only to temporarily "lose" it because for half a tick I'd forgotten that PF always saves to the same folder by rote and rule.

It's not an end-of-the-world thing like a hard-drive crash or OS failure; it's just one of those niggling little annoyances that, yes, do have impact on one's productivity and efficiency: if not in the short term then most arguably cumulatively. If you take it as read that PF Studio is an intermediate step toward your other Studio suite app (name escapes me at the moment), then you should also take into account that configuring an application to save to one folder by default, out of however many that users like to work with, is less a convenience than it is an obstacle. It definitely sticks in the mind of folks trying-before-they-buy with the Lite version or (if such exist) copies of PFS distributed as "bundle-ware" with scanners and photo printers, and may decide them against paying for the full version. Then what happens to your "efficiency suite" in terms of potential users?

I think I've made my point. I'd like to see PF's developers say goodby to such a "legacy Mac OS" idea as a default saving folder/source processing folder no less than I would like to see Microsoft finally and at last get rid of their backward-compatibility coding fetish and find a nice Unix kernel to rebuild Windows around. The latter most likely will never happen, at least not in my lifetime. The former still can.

BZT
(Do you think I come here just to post gripes and complaints? You're absolutely right.)
Tom
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice
Administrateur(trice)|Administrateur|Administratrice

Re: Suggestion: Get rid of default start folder

Message par Tom »

It seems you could have some profit to read this translation : :)
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... c/pref.htm
Bien plus facile avec PhotoFiltre. Cordialement.
. . Image . . Image
Répondre